Have you ever been fascinated by fancy convertibles and expensive cars? Do you secretly wish you could drive a Maybach or Mercedes every time your rich neighbour takes his car for a spin? Are you an unofficial expert on the performance statistics of the top car models in the world?
If the answer to the above questions is a yes, you can make a successful career in automobile engineering. You can design state-of-the-art automobiles and you might even be allowed to test-drive them for your living. The automobile industry is one of the most booming sectors and offers numerous employment opportunities.
In the article below discover the benefits of pursuing a degree such as B Tech automobile engineering, interesting facts about the industry and how your career may shape up after your course completion.
Why should you pursue a degree in automobile engineering?
Apart from satisfying your burning passion to be surrounded by interesting cars and their parts, a degree in automobile engineering can also provide you with the following benefits.
- The possibility of changing the future of travel: Our automobiles have changed more in the last decade than in the seventy years before that. With AI being integrated into most devices, the automobiles aren’t left behind. As a part of an automobile designing team, you get to shape the specifics of how we travel in the future. Isn’t that exciting?
- Huge range of jobs available in the industry: Since the standard of living is increasing, now more people can afford to buy a car. This has pushed the global demand for automobiles which in turn has opened up a lot of job opportunities.
- A chance to be a part of a technological revolution: With technologies like virtual reality (VR) devices and augmented reality (AR) devices raging the market, the automobile industry is also integrating these technologies to make smart and more efficient cars and bikes. Being a part of this industry will allow you to witness these technological advancements first-hand.
- An opportunity to meet the brightest minds: The automobile industry employs some of the brightest minds to come up with energy efficient, technologically advanced, and recyclable automobile models. Joining this industry will help you meet and learn from them.
Interesting facts about the automobile engineering industry
While you may have a fair idea about the automobile industry, here are a few facts that you may find interesting.
- An average car is made of approximately 30,000 parts.
- There are more than a billion existing cars on the planet.
- The Hennessey Venom GT is the fastest car in the world with a speed of 265.7 miles per hour.
- 75% of the cars produced by the luxury car manufacturer Rolls Royce till date are still in use.
What is the career scope of automobile engineering?
The rapidly expanding automotive industry is generating numerous job opportunities for skilled people. A degree in automobile engineering can help you bag the following career roles:
- Two-wheeler designers
- Engine designers
- Automobile consultants
- Automotive IT engineers
- Automobile designers
- Automotive plant managers
A career in automotive engineering can be incredibly satisfying and financially rewarding. You can feel a sense of pride every time you see a car model that you worked on, cruising through the streets. The industry can also offer a chance to positively impact the lives of thousands of people. Join a bachelor’s degree in this domain today to stake a step towards a bright career in the future.